YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. It is found on the research t[ihat since 2014 there has been a 40% increase in people’s watching YouTube video. Over one billion users use YouTube and no other platform can be as good as YouTube. But the role of the keywords for YouTube marketing is very important as it is the keyword that helps to get free subscribers.
Yes, you cannot deny the fact that only keywords will not solve all your purpose it is also very important that your video is also very interesting and appealing. But the role of the keyword in making your YouTube channel a success cannot be ignored. That is the reason why every marketer should look to insert the most relevant keyword while choosing while deciding to advertise their product or services on YouTube channel. Using keywords on YouTube will also help to optimize YouTube videos. Once the YouTube channel is optimized and there is a huge chance that the viewer watches your YouTube videos and thereby it will increase your chance of getting the real YouTube subscribers.
Meaning of Keywords
Keywords in YouTube are specific terms used to make YouTube recognize the type and context of your content. It is also a method to target the right kind of audience for your channel and its products. By optimizing the keywords to be used on YouTube, the channel would also hike in its visibility.
Role of keywords for YouTube marketing in getting free subscribers
When we go for YouTube marketing our main goal remains brand awareness, drive leads, improving SEO and enhancing the conversion rate. The use of Keyword in the tags, titles, and description of YouTube video can fulfill all these objectives of the marketer.
With YouTube, you can go for various types of advertisement or videos. It is very necessary that you use not only different keywords but also the most relevant keyword in all kinds of videos that you upload on YouTube. Keywords that are generally placed in the tags, titles, and description of YouTube video will make your audience easily search your YouTube video out of the millions of videos. But relevant keyword for the tags, titles, and description of YouTube video is must and for that, you must take the help of some tool that you help you to determine which keywords are mostly used by the user. There are various tools available in the market that can find out the most useful and relevant keyword for you. If you use these keywords and if your YouTube videos are not dull and unappealing then there is no doubt that your YouTube channel is able to get thousands of subscribers which will ultimately help you achieve all your goals of making the YouTube videos.
How to Correctly use YouTube Keywords?
For making your YouTube channel success it is necessary that you know how to use the keyword in your channel. There are various ways by which you will be able to add a keyword on your YouTube channel that can help you to gain free subscribers. But the most common process which is used by most of the marketers is given below:
- First, it is necessary to find out the most effective keyword by using a YouTube keyword tool.
- Then it is necessary to click on the profile picture of the YouTube channel and select the Creator Studio.
- Then on the left side first click on the channel and then click on Advanced.
- At the top of the page, you will find a textbox for the keyword of the YouTube channel.
- Choose the most relevant keyword and scroll down the page.
- Click on the Save button.
This is the way by which you will be able to set the keyword easily which will help you to get more and more subscribers. So, before you invest a lot of money and effort in making YouTube video it is necessary that you research for the keyword which will help you to get the most number of targeted customers. Apart from that on the basis of the keyword search data, you will also be able to tweak the idea of the content which already existed or can generate the new content.
Choosing the Right YouTube Keywords
Making a List and choosing the right ones:
- There would be more than one potential term to describe and summarize the concept and idea of your channel.
- It would always be advisable to use a mix of several words that have the potential to drive more traffic and create more visibility for your YouTube channel.
- Sometimes your knowledge as a simple user can also aid in creating the right keywords for your channel. Always check for the keywords employed by the channels containing similar content.
- It is also important to control the number of keywords being used. If too many keywords are used, the right amount of significance assigned to each will be reduced. Hence we see that it is better to put a constraint of 50-70 characters in the range of keywords being employed.
- Taking lessons from the competitors won’t hurt. It would be a good idea to take account of those channels which may seem like your competitors. Let us take a look at how to do this:
Open a channel which may seem similar to your own channel, check the about section. From there, go to specific terms and right click. Choose, ‘View Page Source’. In that search for the word ‘keywords’. In the end, a list of keywords used by the channel would be generated.
Before planning to start any new project, it is necessary to do quite an amount of research. The same is required in the case of YouTube marketing as well. The need for research in keywords to be added with your YouTube videos can be one with the help of the internet itself. Google, the reigning search engine is the best resort in this case as well.
YouTube is now being swarmed with people who are new and aspiring in the marketing field. It should be noted that YouTube is also being much supportive in encouraging these aspiring people. They have introduced new methods of advertisements and promotion for content. You should make sure that your content is found in the top of the list of videos being searched for. This can be done by making use of the best keyword which is mostly searched for.
Well researched keywords can help you stay in top of the most searched for list and in sharing your content among a larger crowd. There are few tools to help in the research of Keywords that can be used with YouTube videos.
- Hypersuggest: This is a tool that can help in the generation of useful keywords. It can simply help you find common words which may be searched by people around the world. Thus the inputs which may be related to your content can be channeled correctly.
- Wordtracker: If you need more than just a keyword generator, this is the tool. Wordtracker can help with SEO needs and several other related topics. Moreover, it also gives you the chance to have a trial run without payment being made. Check out wordtracker for effective research for keywords!
- Google Chrome Extension: Google chrome offers a wide range of extensions which may be used in your keyword researching. These are an added benefit as they remain well inside your browser. Besides all the keyword researching, chrome extensions can help you much more. They can help you keep an eye on your competitors and give you accounts of their works. This can assist in the creation of more quality content which can be much more promoted.
- YouTube Creators: This is a tool developed by YouTube themselves to aid the content creators in the effective and quality promotion. You may be provided with suggestions of keywords, smart descriptions, etc. This can also be a way to remind YouTube about the presence of your content and thus group it with similar videos.
The most important thing is that the keyword used in the title, description as well as in the tag of the YouTube channel is very important as far as YouTube SEO is concerned. Nowadays you can find KeywordKeg which is the best alternative of YouTube keyword tool that was already closed down in late 2014. This tool not only shows the most searched keyword but also shows the number of searches taken place per month against that keyword. This is the reason why this tool considered as the best tool that not only helps to find the best tags for your YouTube channel but also helps you to optimize the tags, titles and description of your YouTube channel. It is found that the keyword Six Pack Shortcuts has unbelievable 3,654,977 subscribers and this shows how keywords can put an impact on your YouTube channel and can provide you with a large number of free subscribers.
If you are still confused about how to use keywords effectively, you can contact an SEO solution provider, who can provide you with a specialized solution.